09 December 2006

holiday greens

Tonight Cupido stopped by after work. He smelled like pine trees. I love that smell.

When he came in, he handed me something in a plastic sandwich bag. Naiad and I had been watching a movie, so the lights were off and I couldn't see what it was. I soon determined that it was a plant specimen and, remembering that he had promised to bring me flowers, removed it from the bag and, though thinking that this wasn't exactly what I expected, searched in vain for a blossom or a bud. I couldn't quite make sense of it.

Honestly, I cannot remember ever seeing real mistletoe before.

That probably didn't go exactly how he had planned.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Claire said...

I heard that exchange and I think you are right; I thought it was funny, which was probably not his intent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home