16 March 2006

disconnected

(which describes both this post and my current state of mind)

I have done something very stupid. Okay, not just one thing. But one currently stands out among them. Not sure yet if it can be fixed.

I do not want to do school right now. Terrible timing.

Some rich guy in Newport Beach bought a "Picasso" drawing from costco.com for $40 grand. Pablo's daughter says it's a fake.

I want to go to Argentina. Right about... now. Care to join me?

Boys are dumb. Throw rocks at them.

Word on the street is that there is fair trade chocolate at the bookstore. I think I'll go buy some on tomorrow.

My best friend is physically and somewhat mentally incapacitated by large doses of industrial-strength antibiotics.

At least "I have my books and my poetry to protect me"

En el alma llevaba un pensamiento,
una duda, un pesar,
tan grandes como el ancho firmamento
tan hondos como el mar.

De su alma en lo más árido y profundo,
fresca brotó de súbito una rosa,
como brota una fuente en el desierto,
o un lirio entre las grietas de una roca.

~Rosalía de Castro


Ojalá tengas razón, doña Rosalía. Discúlpame mientras o golpeo la pared con la cabeza o salgo a gritar al mundo. Quizá los dos.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home