22 March 2006

on the eternal nature of souls

B. 19. His mind bears the memory of many years before.
X. 32. His inner child openly protests the calendar.
G. 23. Seems to be accurate.

And I? For as long as I can remember, my mom’s best friend has joked that I am turning “27" on my next birthday. The closer I get, the more I am inclined to believe that she has always been right.

My mind has always disagreed with the number of years assigned to it by earthly calendars. I have found that this can be a good thing in many ways. But in other ways it just hurts. And I wonder if I wouldn’t give it up if I could? I have heard of the puer senex literary figure, but I have not read enough to know him well. I wonder if he suffers for his wisdom? I’m guessing that he does.


1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Tolkien Boy said...

People often tell me I seem older than I am.

It's because I'm losing my hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home